Monday, December 31, 2007

Carlton's Year in Review

I have a problem of overthinking things in general. Lists pose a particular problem. Here goes...

Top ten books I read this year:
10. The Chamber
by John Grisham
9. All Aunt Hagar's Children
by Edward P. Jones
8. Colors of the Mountain
by Da Chen
7. Tuesdays with Morrie
by Mitch Albom
6. Ethan Frome
by Edith Wharton
5. One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
by Ken Kesey
4. Lolita
by Vladimir Nabokov
3. A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
2. To a God Unknown
by John Steinbeck
1. The Man Who Was Thursday
by G.K. Chesterton

Less than stellar:
The Hobbit
by J.R.R. Tolkien
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
by J.K. Rowling
Cat's Cradle
by Kurt Vonnegut
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
by Lewis Carroll
A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Writings
by Charles Dickens

Books that made me laugh:
Naked
by David Sedaris
A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
Lolita
by Vladimir Nabokov
The Wednesday Wars
by Gary D. Schmidt
I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This!
by Bob Newhart

Sexiest 50 Booker:
Christopher Chilton

2 comments:

Christopher said...

This means a lot to me.

Also: The Man Who Was Thursday. Good choice.

Carlton Farmer said...

I still talk about that book quite a lot. People generally hate talking to me.