Sunday, May 13, 2007

Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre

I'll tell you a learning: knife-turners like my ole lady actually spend their waking hours connecting shit into a humongous web, just like spiders. It's true. They take every word in the fucken universe, and index it back to your knife. In the end it doesn't matter what words you say, you feel it on your blade.

This is a pretty good book. If you want a full review, you should see Chris' post on it. For the most part, I agree with him anyway. It was pretty messed and it made me feel bad. But I guess a lot of good literature throughout history (my professor told me never to say 'through history,' so I'm saying it on purpose -- stickin' it to the man) shares both of those qualities. So in short, I liked the book, and it's worth reading, though I did find it a little long.

Overall Grade: B-

No comments: