Monday, November 16, 2009

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

I am a bit of a culture-vore and, as such, intended to read at least the first book in the Twilight series. As it turns out, one of my friends had all the books, and offered to loan them to me upon hearing that I was interested in reading them. She did warn me that I probably wouldn't like them. I decided to at least read the first.

Michelle was right, I was disappointed with Twilight. I really expected it to be better. While the idea of a someone falling in love with a vampire is interesting (albeit not necessarily original) I found most of the book rather boring. Almost nothing really happens.

Twilight
wasn't awful, by any means. I can see how it would appeal to younger--mainly female--readers. However, I am not sure that I want to read the other three books.