Monday, January 1, 2001

Caitlin's Books 2021

 1. Salvage the Bones 

by Jesmyn Ward

2. Empire of Wild 

by Cherie Dimaline

3. Trust Exercise

by Susan Choi

4. The City We Became

by N. K. Jemisen

5. The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett

6. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens 

7. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski

8. Kindred by Octavia Butler

9. Homeland Elegies by Ayad Akhtar

(At this point, June 22nd 2021 to be exact, I had a baby. Her name is Phoebe.  I did read some books immediately before and for the rest of the year but I didn't get around to posting them here... I'll try to remember what I read and reconstruct below! I'm probably forgetting some, but I'm guessing those books were.... not so memorable)

10. Birthing From Within by Pam England (this book gets an honorable mention as MVB of 2021 for getting me through unmedicated childbirth.  If that's on your list of things to do, I highly recommend)

11. Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne

12. Karla and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguru

13.  Crying in H mart by Michelle Zomer

14. Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson

15. Somebody's Daughter by Ashley Ford

16. The Book of Form and Emptiness by Ruth Ozeki

17. The Best Most Awful Job Edited by Katherine May

18. How to be an AntiRacist by Ibram X. Kendi

My favorite 5 books this year, in no particular order are:

1. The Book of Form and Emptiness

2. Somebody's Daughter

3. Crying in H Mart

4. The Vanishing Half

5. Salvage the Bones

No comments: