Thursday, February 7, 2008

Art Garfunkel: A Reading Machine

I was talking about the 50 Books Project, as I am wont to do, one morning over breakfast with Dr. Peter Wood, one of the professors helping to develop the museum exhibit on which I am working. A couple of days later he sent me an article from the New Yorker about Art Garfunkel's book list. You can check out what he has read, as well as his favorites -- of which Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is one -- at his official website.

http://www.artgarfunkel.com/library.html

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I would just like to point out that Nine Stories is on his favorites list. Ahem.

Carlton Farmer said...

I would like to point out that so is The Waning of the Middle Ages by Johan Huizinga, one of the most profoundly boring books I have ever read. Sneeze.